This framed set features 3 2018 Full Sovereign Gold Coins portraying Benedetto Pistrucci’s famous St George & the Dragon design, as featured on the first sovereign struck in 1817. The obverse of the coins bear the fifth portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, designed by artist Jody Clark.
- Each coin weighs 7.98g and is struck in 22ct gold, equalling 7.32g of Fine Gold Content.
- Minted by The Royal Mint in Llantrisant, South Wales.
- Fifth portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Bullion finish.
- Dimensions: Diameter: 22.05mm Thickness:1.52mm.
- Framed Set includes 3 Sovereign Coins
The gold sovereign is one of Britain’s most famous coins, the first of which was minted in 1489 by King Henry VII. The modern Sovereign featuring Benedetto Pistrucci’s ‘St George & the Dragon’ reverse design was first struck in 1817. Due to its long history, the UK Sovereign coin is considered by many as the flagship coin of the Royal Mint.
Select the colour of the frame that you wish your coin to be displayed in.
FREE Standard UK Delivery. Estimated Delivery Time: 3 Days